It couldn't be more simple. Become a Contributor and Send us a 'Post' when you 'spot' a 'no parent can or should do without x' product or service. Accepted contributions get rewarded with credits and may appear in one of our newsletters, on our website and/or Facebook/Twitter feeds. Whether it's a kid friendly resort in Portugal, a mumpreneur fronted business in UK, an emerging parenting trend from Japan... anything you think other mums and dads should know about, just submit a 'Post' whenever you come across a cool idea, business or product. You need to be a signed up Midwife Of Cool contributor for you to be able to send in your 'Posts', access the history of your contributions and keep track of your points balance.
So what makes the perfect post? It's really quite simple... as long as you have something great to write about! Here are a few tips to help you get started on writing a post for Cool Mum Hunting. Don't worry about your style of writing or questionable grammar, we can sort that out, where needed, but:
- 1. Discover a great product/service (new or old) that you think other mums would love to hear about.
- 2. Once a signed up Contributor, (Midwife of Cool), compose your 'Post' from your account on the Cool Mum Hunting website.
- 3. Start typing. Remember to include the most important details, where relevant i.e. name of product/service and manufacturer, stockist information (online preferably - with details of the website), price and what makes this product/service so fantastic. You can also attach 1-2 images to accompany your post so our readers can see what you're talking about. Your post can be as long or as short as you like (within reason... we don't want our readers to zzzzzzzzzz mid-post) but try to aim for about 75-200 words. Also, don't forget to include a picture to upload as part of your 'post'.
- 4. Hit the 'submit' button and your post is sent to the Cool Mum Hunting team
- 5. Collect your credits for each post published (we'll let you know if and when you post is being published).
- 6. Discover more fantastic things to tell us about (repeat steps 2-5). We can't wait to hear about all your latest finds and don't forget to tell your friends to look out for your post on Cool Mum Hunting and how they too can join our team of trend hunters and become a Midwife of Cool.
We can't wait to hear about all your latest finds and don't forget to tell your friends to look out for your post on Cool Mum Hunting and how they too can join our team of trend hunters and become a Midwife of Cool.